News & Events
Dave Schaeffer founded Cogent Communications in August 1999 and is the Chief Executive Officer. Under Mr. Schaeffer's leadership, Cogent has become one of the world's largest Internet Providers. Mr. Schaeffer has led the efforts of 13 successful acquisitions, propelling Cogent's originally U.S.-based network into Canada, Europe and Mexico. Mr.
Our department's master's program in applied economics is hosting an Information Session on Wednesday, May 29th in Washington, DC near DuPont Circle. The session will be at 6:45 PM. There will be a presentation and opportunities to speak with our program's director, Dr. John Straub, and with other representatives of our department. Light refreshments will be served.
“It’s the economy, stupid!” If so, what aspect of economy performance?
Prof. Kalemli-Ozcan is invited to join the board of Journal of International Economics as the Co-editor. She currently also serves as the Associate editor at AER, JEEA, and JDE. She will serve a 3-year term.
- Toward Understanding 17th Century English Culture: A Structural Topic Model of Francis Bacon's Ideas
- The Causal Effect of Competition on Prices and Quality: Evidence from a Field Experiment
- Investor Sophistication and Capital Income Inequality
- The Half-Life of Happiness: Hedonic Adaptation in the Subjective Well-Being of Poor Slum Dwellers to the…
- Semiparametric Estimates of Monetary Policy Effects: String Theory Revisited