View the recording of an Information Session about our Professional Master's Degree Program in Applied Economics
News & Events
The ongoing emerging market crisis in Turkey has been gathering widespread attention, as Turkey together with Argentina might be the beginnings of another round of emerging market crises. The Washington Post interviewed Professor Sebnem Kalemli-Ozcan on the issue.
Professor Melissa Kearney spoke as part of a panel discussion at the 2016 Aspen Ideas Festival with former Treasury Secretary Robert Rubin. The panel, on "inclusive capitalism" was moderated by the New York Times' David Leonhardt. See the full video below.
Matthew Staiger, a rising fifth year student in our Ph.D. program, has been awarded $15,000 from the Washington Center for Equitable Growth to support his thesis research on how parental resources affect the career choices of young workers.
Professor Kuersteiner is one of the keynote speakers at the Econometric Society Australasian Meeting in Auckland, New Zealand. He gave the Econometric Theory lecture on "Limit Theory for Data with Network Structure".
- The Half-Life of Happiness: Hedonic Adaptation in the Subjective Well-Being of Poor Slum Dwellers to the…
- Semiparametric Estimates of Monetary Policy Effects: String Theory Revisited
- Effective sterilized foreign exchange intervention? Evidence from a rule-based policy
- Borrowing Trouble? Human Capital Investment with Opt-In Costs and Implications for the Effectiveness of Grant Aid
- The impact of trading on the costs and benefits of the Acid Rain Program