Publications related to Development, Labor, and Public Economics
- Discussion: Valuing Food Safety: Which Approaches to Use? , , Valuing Food Safety and Nutrition, ed. by Julie Caswell, Westview Press , January 1995.
- Do Benefits and Costs Matter in Environmental Regulation? An Analysis of EPA Decisions Under Superfund , , Reauthorizing Superfund: Theoretical and Empirical Issues, ed. by R. Revesz and R Stewart, Johns Hopkins University Press for Resources for the Future , January 1995.
- Earnings Inequality in Germany , , Differences and Changes in Wage Structures, ed. by R.B. Freeman and L.F. Katz, University of Chicago Press , 371-404 , January 1995. Link to Journal
- Labor Adjustment Under Different Institutional Structures , , Institutional Frameworks and Labor Market Performance, ed. by Friedrich Buttler, Wolfgang Franz, Ronald Schettkat, and David Soskice, Routeledge , 285-315 , January 1995. Link to Journal
- Are Earnings Profiles Steeper Than Productivity Profiles? Evidence from Israeli Firm-Level Data , , The Journal of Human Resources 30(1) , 89-112 , 1995. Link to Journal
- Preferences for Life-Saving Programs: How the Public Discounts Time and Age , , Journal of Risk and Uncertainty 8(3) , 243-265 , May 1994. Link to Journal Download
- The Interaction of Population Growth and Environmental Quality , , American Economic Review Proceedings 84(2) , 250-254 , May 1994. Link to Journal Download
- Economic and Health Consequences of Pesticide Use in Developing Country Agriculture: Discussion , , American Journal of Agricultural Economics 76(3) , 605-607 , January 1994. Link to Journal Download
- Infrastructure Spending: Where Do We Go from Here? , , National Tax Journal 46(3) , 261-273 , September 1993. Link to Journal
- What is the Distributional Burden of Taxing Consumption? , , National Tax Journal 46(3) , 331-344 , September 1993. Link to Journal Download
- Female workers as a buffer in the Japanese economy , , The American Economic Review 83(2) , 45-51 , May 1993. Link to Journal
- Valuing Product Attributes Using Single Market Data: A Comparison of Hedonic and Discrete Choice Approaches , , Review of Economics and Statistics, 75 (1993), 225-232. Reprinted in Revealed Preference Approaches to Environmental Valuation: Volume II, Editors Joseph Herriges and Cathy Kling (2008). 75(2) , 225-232 , May 1993. Link to Journal Download
- A Macroeconomic Framework - Georgian Economy In Transition , , World Bank , 1993.
- Public Economics and the Theory of Rationing , , Public Finance 48(2) , 225-242 , 1993. Link to Journal
- Measuring Peer Group Effects: A Study of Teenage Behavior , , Journal of Political Economy 100(5) , 966-991 , October 1992. Link to Journal
- Pesticide Regulation and the Rule-Making Process , , Northeastern Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics 21(2) , 77-82 , October 1992. Link to Journal
- The Determinants of Pesticide Regulation: A Statistical Analysis of EPA Decisionmaking , , Journal of Political Economy. Reprinted in The Political Economy of Environmental Protection: Analysis and Evidence, Editor Roger Congleton, Ann Arbor: U. of Michigan Press (1996). 100(1) , 175-197 , February 1992. Link to Journal Download
- The Effect of Information on Health Risk Valuations , , Journal of Risk and Uncertainty 5(1) , 29-48 , February 1992. Link to Journal Download
- Discounting Human Lives , , American Journal of Agricultural Economics 73(5) , 1410-1415 , December 1991. Link to Journal Download
- Public Capital Formation and the Growth of Regional Manufacturing Industries , , National Tax Journal 44(4) , 121-134 , December 1991. Link to Journal
- The Incidence of Maryland Taxes , , Maryland Policy Studies 4 , 35-52 , August 1991.