Publications related to Development, Labor, and Public Economics
- Optimal Investments to Establish Property Rights in Land , , Journal of Urban Economics 29(3) , 295-309 , May 1991. Link to Journal
- The Decline in Saving: Some Microeconomic Evidence , , Brookings Papers on Economic Activity 22(1) , 183-256 , April 1991. Link to Journal Download
- A Haig-Simons-Tiebout Comprehensive Income Tax , , National Tax Journal 44(1) , 67-78 , March 1991. Link to Journal
- Community Composition and the Provision of Local Public Goods: A Normative Analysis , , Journal of Public Economics 44(2) , 217-237 , March 1991. Link to Journal
- Mismatch and Labour Mobility: Some Final Remarks , , Mismatch and Labour Mobility, ed. by F. Padoa-Schioppa, Centre for Economic Policy Research , 453-481 , January 1991. Link to Journal
- Valuing Environmental Health Effects , , Measuring the Demand for Environmental Commodities, Editors John Braden and Charles Kolstad, Amsterdam: North-Holland (1991). , January 1991.
- Wasteful Commuting: A Re-examination , , Journal of Urban Economics 29(1) , 2-13 , January 1991. Link to Journal Download
- Is America Really on the Road to Ruins? , , The Public's Capital 2(4) , 6-7 , 1991.
- Discounting and the Evaluation of Life-Saving Programs , , Journal of Risk and Uncertainty 3(4) , 369-379 , December 1990. Link to Journal Download
- Testing Neoclassical Consumer Theory with Household and Aggregate Data , , Applied Economics 22(11) , 1471-1478 , November 1990. Link to Journal Download
- The Impact of Environmental Regulation on Industry Location Decisions: The Motor Vehicle Industry , , Land Economics 66(1) , 67-81 , February 1990. Link to Journal
- New Developments in the Labor Market: Toward A New Institutional Paradigm , , MIT Press , January 1990.
- Restructuring the Employment Relationship: The Growth of Market-Mediated Work Arrangements , , New Developments in the Labor Market: Toward a New Institutional Paradigm, ed. by K.G. Abraham and R.B. McKersie. MIT Press, Cambridge, Massachusetts, chap. 4, pp. 85-119. , January 1990.
- Job Security and Work Force Adjustment: How Different Are U.S. and Japanese Practices? , , Journal of the Japanese and International Economies 3(4) , 500-521 , December 1989. Link to Journal
- Neoconservative Economic Experiments in the Southern Cone , , Latin American Research Review 24(3) , 224-239 , October 1989. Link to Journal
- Local Characteristics and Public Production: The Case of Education , , Journal of Urban Economics 26(2) , 250-263 , September 1989. Link to Journal
- On the Choice of Functional Form for Hedonic Price Functions , , Review of Economics and Statistics 70(4) , 668-675 , November 1988. Link to Journal Download
- Economic Competition Among Jurisdictions: Efficiency Enhancing or Distortion Inducing? , , Journal of Public Economics 35(3) , 333-354 , April 1988. Link to Journal
- Flexible Staffing Arrangements and Employers' Short-term Adjustment Strategies , , Employment, Unemployment and Labour Utilization, ed. by R.A. Hart, Unwin Hyman Press , 288-311 , January 1988.
- Environmental Federalism , , Resources 92 , 6-9 , 1988.
- Disentangling the Demand Function from the Production Function for Local Public Services: The Case of Public Safety , , Journal of Public Economics 33(2) , 245-260 , July 1987. Link to Journal