Erkut Y. Ozbay received his PhD in Economics from New York University. He is the founder and director of Experimental Economics Laboratory at UMD.
Areas of Interest
- Behavioral Economics
- Experimental Economics
Degree TypePhDDegree DetailsNew York University
|Course Name||Course Title||Semester||Syllabus|
|ECON406||Advanced Microeconomics||Fall 2017|
|ECON868||Workshop in Industrial Organization||Spring 2017|
|ECON604||Microeconomic Analysis II||Spring 2017|
|ECON635||Experimental Economics||Fall 2016|
|ECON406||Advanced Microeconomics||Fall 2016|
|ECON868||Workshop in Industrial Organization||Spring 2016|
|ECON604||Microeconomic Analysis II||Spring 2016||Syllabus|
|ECON635||Experimental Economics||Fall 2015||Syllabus|
- Behavioral Changes of MTurkers during the COVID-19 Pandemic, , Working Paper
- Evidence Games: Lying Aversion and Commitment, , Working Paper
- Does “Being Chosen to Lead” Induce Non-selfish Behavior? Experimental Evidence on Reciprocity, , Journal of Public Economics 174, 13-21, April .
- When more is less: Limited consideration, , Journal of Economic Theory 170, 78-85, July .
- Do Lottery Payments Induce Savings Behavior? Evidence from the Lab, , Journal of Public Economics 126, 1-24, June .
- Does "Being Chosen to Lead" Induce Non-Selfish Behavior? Experimental Evidence on Reciprocity, , Working paper, January .
- Effect of an Audience in Public Goods Provision, , Experimental Economics 17(2 ), 200-214, June .
- Intrinsic and Instrumental Reciprocity: An Experimental Study, , Games and Economic Behavior 87, 100-121, September .
- Dictating Risk - Experimental Evidence on Giving in Risky Environments, , American Economic Review 103(1 ), 415-437, February .
- Belief Formation by Outside Observers, , Experimental Economics 15(1 ), 176-203, March .
- Convergence: An Experimental Study of Teaching and Learning in Repeated Games, , Journal of the European Economic Association 10(3 ), 573-604, June .
- Discrete Clock Auctions: An Experimental Study, , Experimental Economics 15(2 ), 309-322, June .
- Fear of Losing in a Clock Auction, , Review of Economic Design 16(2 ), 119-134, September .
- Rent Seeking with Regretful Agents: Theory and Experiment, , Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization 84(3 ), 866-878, December .
- Revealed Attention, , American Economic Review 102(5 ), 2183-2205, August .
- Common-Value Auctions with Liquidity Needs: An Experimental Test of a Troubled Assets Reverse Auctions, , Handbook of Market Design, ed. by Nir Vulkan, Alvin E. Roth, and Zvika Neeman, May .
- Understanding Overbidding: Using the Neural Circuitry of Reward to Design Economic Auctions, , Science 321(5897 ), 1849-1852, September .
- Auctions with Anticipated Regret: Theory and Experiment, , American Economic Review 97(4 ), 1407-1418, September .
- A Representation for Intransitive Indifference Relations, , Mathematical Social Sciences 50(2 ), 202-214, September .
Department of Economics
ozbay [at] umd.edu
Thursday 11:00 AM - 12:30 PM