Publications related to Economic History, Institutions, and Political Economy
- Can Neoclassical Economics Underpin the Economic Reform of the Centrally-Planned Economies? , , Journal of Economic Perspectives 5(4) , 59-76 , September 1991. Link to Journal Download
- Symposium on Economic Transition in the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe , , Journal of Economic Perspectives 5(4) , 3-9 , September 1991. Link to Journal Download
- The Political Economy of New Deal Fiscal Federalism , , Economic Inquiry 29(3) , 510-524 , July 1991. Link to Journal
- Industry Characteristics And Interest Group Formation: An Empirical Study , , Public Choice 70(1) , 21-40 , April 1991. Link to Journal Download
- Factor Migration, Trade, and Welfare Under Threat of Commercial Disruption , , Osaka Economic Papers , 1991.
- Result-Oriented and Process-Oriented Evaluations of Indicative Planning , , Journal of Comparative Economics 14(4) , 555-559 , December 1990. Link to Journal Download
- Electoral Politics, Interest Groups, and the Size of Government , , Economic Inquiry 28(4) , 682-705 , October 1990. Link to Journal Download
- A Model of Electoral Competition with Interest Groups , , Economics Letters 32(4) , 307-311 , April 1990. Link to Journal
- Economic Models of Nation Specific vs. Alliance Wide Benefits of Defense Contributions to NATO , , Defence Economics 1 , 17-35 , 1990.
- Neoconservative Economic Experiments in the Southern Cone , , Latin American Research Review 24(3) , 224-239 , October 1989. Link to Journal
- Towards a Positive Economic Theory of Institutional Change , , Journal of Institutional and Theoretical Economics 145(1) , 98-112 , March 1989. Link to Journal
- Employment in the Great Depression: New Data and Hypothesis , , Explorations in Economic History 26(1) , 45-72 , January 1989. Link to Journal
- Should Transactions Costs Be Subtracted From Gross National Product? , , Journal of Economic History 48(3) , 651-654 , September 1988. Link to Journal Download
- Does Economic Sclerosis Set in With Age? An Empirical Study of the Olson Hypothesis , , Kyklos 41(3) , 397-417 , August 1988. Link to Journal
- How to Haggle and Stay Firm: Barter as Mutual Price Discrimination , , Economic Inquiry 26(3) , 449-459 , July 1988. Link to Journal Download
- U.S. City Finances and the Growth of Government, 1850–1902 , , Journal of Economic History 48(2) , 347-356 , June 1988. Link to Journal Download
- Employment, Politics, and Economic Recovery in the Great Depression , , Review of Economics and Statistics 69(3) , 516-520 , August 1987. Link to Journal Download
- Foreign Assistance, Investment, and Defense: A Methodological Study with an Application to Israel, 1960-1979 , , Economic Development and Cultural Change 35(4) , 847-873 , July 1987. Link to Journal
- Banks and State Public Finance in the New Republic: The United States, 1790-1860 , , Journal of Economic History 47(2) , 391-403 , June 1987. Link to Journal
- Impact of Changes in China’s Foreign Investment Procedures and Policy on its Economic Development , , Government of India , 1987.
- Private Production, Collective Consumption, and Regional Population Structure , , Journal of Regional Science 26(4) , 677-705 , November 1986. Link to Journal
- A Note on Variables and Observations in Factor Analysis , , Journal of Development Economics 21(2) , 319-325 , May 1986. Link to Journal Download