- The Failure of Competition in the Credit Card Market, Lawrence M. Ausubel, American Economic Review 81(1), 50-81, March . Link to Journal Download
- The Impact of Cyclical Demand Movements on Collusive Behavior, John C. Haltiwanger and Joseph E. Harrington, Jr., Rand Journal of Economics 22(1), 89-106, April . Link to Journal
- The Incidence of Maryland Taxes, Robert M. Schwab, Maryland Policy Studies 4, 35-52, August .
- The Political Economy of New Deal Fiscal Federalism, John Joseph Wallis, Economic Inquiry 29(3), 510-524, July . Link to Journal
- Using Auction Theory to Inform Takeover Regulation, Peter Cramton and Alan Schwartz, Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization 7(1), 27-53 Link to Journal Download
- Valuing Environmental Health Effects, Maureen Cropper and A.M. Freeman III, Measuring the Demand for Environmental Commodities, Editors John Braden and Charles Kolstad, Amsterdam: North-Holland (1991)., January .
- Wage Dispersion Between and Within U.S. Manufacturing Plants, 1963-1986, Steven Davis and John C. Haltiwanger, Microeconomic Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, 115-200, January . Link to Journal
- A Model of Electoral Competition with Interest Groups, Peter Murrell, Dennis C. Mueller and Peter Coughlin, Economics Letters 32(4), 307-311, April . Link to Journal
- Demand Complementarities, Household Production, and Retail Assortments, Roger R. Betancourt and David A. Gautschi, Marketing Science 9(2), 146-161, May . Link to Journal
- Discounting and the Evaluation of Life-Saving Programs, Maureen Cropper and Paul Portney, Journal of Risk and Uncertainty 3(4), 369-379, December . Link to Journal Download
- Insider Trading in a Rational Expectations Economy, Lawrence M. Ausubel, American Economic Review 80(5), 1022-1041, December . Link to Journal
- Result-Oriented and Process-Oriented Evaluations of Indicative Planning, Peter Murrell, Journal of Comparative Economics 14(4), 555-559, December . Link to Journal Download
- Gross Job Creation and Destruction: Microeconomic Evidence and Macroeconomic Implications, Steven Davis and John C. Haltiwanger, NBER Macroeconomics Annual 5, 123-168, January . Link to Journal
- New Developments in the Labor Market: Toward A New Institutional Paradigm, Katharine G. Abraham and Robert B. McKersie, MIT Press, January .
- Restructuring the Employment Relationship: The Growth of Market-Mediated Work Arrangements, Katharine G Abraham, New Developments in the Labor Market: Toward a New Institutional Paradigm, ed. by K.G. Abraham and R.B. McKersie. MIT Press, Cambridge, Massachusetts, chap. 4, pp. 85-119., January .
- Economic Models of Nation Specific vs. Alliance Wide Benefits of Defense Contributions to NATO, Martin C. McGuire, Defence Economics 1, 17-35
- Electoral Politics, Interest Groups, and the Size of Government, Peter Coughlin, Dennis C. Mueller and Peter Murrell, Economic Inquiry 28(4), 682-705, October . Link to Journal Download
- Inventories and the Propagation of Sectoral Shocks, Russell Cooper and John C. Haltiwanger, American Economic Review 80(1), 170-190, March . Link to Journal
- Testing Neoclassical Consumer Theory with Household and Aggregate Data, John Sabelhaus, Applied Economics 22(11), 1471-1478, November . Link to Journal Download
- The Dynamic Response of U.K. Unemployment and Interest Rates to Demand and Supply Shocks, Martina Copelman, MIT mimeo, February .
- The Impact of Environmental Regulation on Industry Location Decisions: The Motor Vehicle Industry, Virginia D. McConnell and Robert M. Schwab, Land Economics 66(1), 67-81, February . Link to Journal