Changing tracks under the new curriculum
If you officially declared economics as your major after September 14, 2015 (meaning your are under the new requirements) but wish to change tracks from the Bachelor of Science to the Bachelor of Arts or from the Bachelor of Arts to the Bachelor of Science, then you must follow the steps below:
- Review the major requirements - Carefully review the major requirements.
- Review your Degree Audit for the intended track - Log into the degree audit system and run an audit for your intended track (BA or BS) by choosing the option "Select a Different Program". This degree audit will outline your remaining requirements for both the major and GenEd. If you need assistance reviewing this information, you may visit an ECON advisor during walk-in hours.
- Develop Graduation Plan - Develop an updated graduation plan for the new track including all ECON, general education, and any elective requirements remaining. For a blank graduation planning worksheet click here.
- Meet with an ECON advisor - Bring your completed graduation plan to walk-in advising hours. An ECON advisor will review your plan and complete the necessary change of major paperwork with you.
- Submit change of major materials to BSOS Advising - Submit your updated graduation plan and the change of major form, completed by an ECON advisor, to the BSOS College Advising Center in 2148 Tydings Hall. BSOS will finalize the major change and send you an email confirmation once complete.
Switching from the old ECON major requirements to one of the new tracks
If you officially declared economics as your major by September 14, 2015 then you are allowed to finish your degree under the old requirements OR you can choose to switch to either of the new tracks. If you want to switch curriculums then you must follow the steps below:
- Review the new curriculum - Carefully review the new curriculum to help you decide which track, the new BA or the BS, may be the best match for you.
- Develop Graduation Plan - You will need to develop an updated graduation plan including all ECON, general education, and any elective requirements remaining. For a blank graduation planning worksheet click here.
- Meet with an ECON advisor - Bring your completed graduation plan to walk-in advising hours. An ECON advisor will review your plan and you will complete the necessary paperwork to finalize the curriculum switch.