The University of Maryland, as well as the Department of Economics and the College of Behavioral and Social Sciences, offers many options for students looking for both need and merit-based scholarships, as well as awards for exemplary students. The ECON Departmental scholarships are awarded annually and recipients are recognized at the College's annual Scholarship and Donor Recognition Dinner each spring.
The Economics Department is pleased to announce the availability of several undergraduate scholarships recognizing academic excellence for the 2020 - 2021 academic year. Detailed information including scholarship descriptions, eligibility requirements, and application instructions can be found at www.go.umd.edu/econscholarships. The application deadline is Sunday, March 8, 2020.
Departmental Undergraduate Scholarships:
- The Kenneth L. Bupp Scholarship
- The Rupa Duttagupta Fellowship
- The Melanie E. (Lee) Easley Memorial Scholarship
- The Honorable Idamae Garrtott Memorial Scholarship
- The Moskowitz Family Scholarship
- The Peggy Rae and John Sapienza Scholarship
- The Mark C. Sullivan Economics Scholarship
- The Mark D. and Tracye C. Turner Scholarship in Economics
Departmental Undergraduate Student Experience Awards:
- Gary L. Rozier Professional Experience Fellowships for Economics Majors Award
- Robert R. Satterfield Economics Student Opportunities Endowed Award
Questions regarding any of these departmental undergraduate scholarships or awards should be directed to Shanna Edinger May at sedinge1 [at] umd [dot] edu.
The College of Behavioral and Social Sciences (BSOS) offers a variety of scholarships, fellowships, and experience funds to academically talented and engaged students. Various campus resources are also available to assist with identifying additional financial support. For information, click here.
The Office of Student Financial Aid has information about applying and receiving both merit and need-based financial aid and scholarships. For information, click here.
The Division of Student Affairs offers a variety of funds that provide emergency assistance for students in crisis and in need. For information, click here.