Information pertaining to your personal websites are available on the ECON departmental wiki. Students on the market should review relevant correspondence from the Placement Directors for further information.
Useful Tips for Setting Up Your Website
- Keep your website as professional as possible.
- In the front page, you should have your contact information.
- Also in the main page, along with your picture, you can include something like the following paragraph: "I am a Ph.D. candidate in the Department of Economics at the University of Maryland. I will be on the job market in the Fall of 201X, will attend the 201X ASSA conference in CITY and plan to graduate in May 201X."
- Include a link to your CV, a Research Section and a Teaching Section.
- The Research section should have a link to your job market paper and other papers you list in your CV.
- Please take a look at previous year candidates' websites to get an idea on how your website should look like.
Please contact support [at] econ [dot] umd [dot] edu if you have any questions or require any assistance.