Publications related to Development, Labor, and Public Economics
- One Size Does Not Fit All: Multiple Dimensions of Ability, College Attendance and Earnings, , Journal of Labor Economics, 2017.
- Heterogeneous Economic Returns to Postsecondary Degrees: Evidence from Chile, , Journal of Human Resources 51(2), April 2016.
- Facilitating Savings For Agriculture: Field Experimental Evidence from Malawi, , Economic Development and Cultural Change, Forthcoming, January 2016. Link to Journal Download
- Kwacha Gonna Do? Experimental Evidence about Labor Supply in Rural Malawi, , American Economic Journal: Applied Economics 8(1), 129-149, January 2016. Download
- Marriage and Online Mate-Search Services: Evidence From South Korea, , Journal of Applied Econometrics, Forthcoming, January 2016.
- Reallocation in the Great Recession: Cleansing or Not?, , Journal of Labor Economics 34(S1), S293-S331, January 2016. Link to Journal Download
- Carrot and Stick?: Impact of a Low-Stakes School Accountability Program on Student Achievement, , Economics Letters 137, 195-199, December 2015. Link to Journal
- Media Influences on Social Outcomes: The Impact of MTV's 16 and Pregnant on Teen Childbearing, , The American Economic Review 105(12), 3597-3632, December 2015. Link to Journal
- Propose with a Rose? Signaling in Internet Dating Markets, , Experimental Economics 18(4), 731-755, December 2015. Link to Journal Download
- Estimating neighborhood choice models: Lessons from a housing assistance experiment., , American Economic Review 105(11), 3385-3415, November 2015.
- Beauty Pays but Does Investment in Beauty?, , IZA World of Labor, October 2015. Link to Journal
- The Impact of Electricity Sector Restructuring on Coal-fired Power Plants in India, , The Energy Journal 36(4), 287-312, October 2015. Link to Journal Download
- The Supplemental Security Income Program, , Economics of Means-Tested Transfer Programs in the United States, ed. Robert Moffitt 2, October 2015. Link to Journal
- Health Benefits of Air Pollution Abatement Policy: Role of the Shape of the Concentration-Response Function, , Journal of the Air & Waste Management Association 65(5), 516-522, June 2015. Link to Journal Download
- Investigating Recent Trends in the U.S. Teen Birth Rates, , Journal of Health Economics 41, 15-29, May 2015. Link to Journal
- Bonus Compensation and Productivity: Evidence from Indian Manufacturing Plant-Level Data, , Journal of Productivity Analysis 43(1), 47-58, February 2015. Link to Journal
- The Effect of Medicaid Policies on the Diagnosis and Treatment of Children's Mental Health Problems in Primary Care, , Health Economics 24(2), 142-157, February 2015. Link to Journal Download
- Early Withdrawals from Retirement Accounts in the Great Recession, , Contemporary Economic Policy 33(1), 1-16, January 2015. Link to Journal Download
- Employer Contribution and Premium Growth in Health Insurance, , Journal of Health Economics 39, 228-247, January 2015. Link to Journal Download
- Income Inequality and Early, Non-Marital Childbearing, , Journal of Human Resources 49(1), 1-31, December 2014. Link to Journal
- Using and Improving the Social Cost of Carbon, , Science 346(6214), 1189-1190, December 2014. Link to Journal Download
- Short-Time Compensation as a Tool to Mitigate Job Loss? Evidence on the US Experience During the Recent Recession, , Industrial Relations: A Journal of Economy and Society, 53(4):543-567. 53(4), 543-567, October 2014. Link to Journal
- Changes in U.S. Family Finances from 2010 to 2013: Evidence from the Survey of Consumer Finances, , Federal Reserve Bulletin 100(4), 1-40, September 2014. Link to Journal Download