Publications related to Development, Labor, and Public Economics
- One Size Does Not Fit All: Multiple Dimensions of Ability, College Attendance and Earnings , , Journal of Labor Economics , 2017.
- Heterogeneous Economic Returns to Postsecondary Degrees: Evidence from Chile , , Journal of Human Resources 51(2) , April 2016.
- Facilitating Savings For Agriculture: Field Experimental Evidence from Malawi , , Economic Development and Cultural Change, Forthcoming , January 2016. Link to Journal Download
- Kwacha Gonna Do? Experimental Evidence about Labor Supply in Rural Malawi , , American Economic Journal: Applied Economics 8(1) , 129-149 , January 2016. Download
- Marriage and Online Mate-Search Services: Evidence From South Korea , , Journal of Applied Econometrics, Forthcoming , January 2016.
- Reallocation in the Great Recession: Cleansing or Not? , , Journal of Labor Economics 34(S1) , S293-S331 , January 2016. Link to Journal Download
- Carrot and Stick?: Impact of a Low-Stakes School Accountability Program on Student Achievement , , Economics Letters 137 , 195-199 , December 2015. Link to Journal
- Media Influences on Social Outcomes: The Impact of MTV's 16 and Pregnant on Teen Childbearing , , The American Economic Review 105(12) , 3597-3632 , December 2015. Link to Journal
- Propose with a Rose? Signaling in Internet Dating Markets , , Experimental Economics 18(4) , 731-755 , December 2015. Link to Journal Download
- Estimating neighborhood choice models: Lessons from a housing assistance experiment. , , American Economic Review 105(11) , 3385-3415 , November 2015.
- Beauty Pays but Does Investment in Beauty? , , IZA World of Labor , October 2015. Link to Journal
- The Impact of Electricity Sector Restructuring on Coal-fired Power Plants in India , , The Energy Journal 36(4) , 287-312 , October 2015. Link to Journal Download
- The Supplemental Security Income Program , , Economics of Means-Tested Transfer Programs in the United States, ed. Robert Moffitt 2 , October 2015. Link to Journal
- Health Benefits of Air Pollution Abatement Policy: Role of the Shape of the Concentration-Response Function , , Journal of the Air & Waste Management Association 65(5) , 516-522 , June 2015. Link to Journal Download
- Investigating Recent Trends in the U.S. Teen Birth Rates , , Journal of Health Economics 41 , 15-29 , May 2015. Link to Journal
- Bonus Compensation and Productivity: Evidence from Indian Manufacturing Plant-Level Data , , Journal of Productivity Analysis 43(1) , 47-58 , February 2015. Link to Journal
- The Effect of Medicaid Policies on the Diagnosis and Treatment of Children's Mental Health Problems in Primary Care , , Health Economics 24(2) , 142-157 , February 2015. Link to Journal Download
- Early Withdrawals from Retirement Accounts in the Great Recession , , Contemporary Economic Policy 33(1) , 1-16 , January 2015. Link to Journal Download
- Employer Contribution and Premium Growth in Health Insurance , , Journal of Health Economics 39 , 228-247 , January 2015. Link to Journal Download
- Income Inequality and Early, Non-Marital Childbearing , , Journal of Human Resources 49(1) , 1-31 , December 2014. Link to Journal
- Using and Improving the Social Cost of Carbon , , Science 346(6214) , 1189-1190 , December 2014. Link to Journal Download
- Short-Time Compensation as a Tool to Mitigate Job Loss? Evidence on the US Experience During the Recent Recession , , Industrial Relations: A Journal of Economy and Society, 53(4):543-567. 53(4) , 543-567 , October 2014. Link to Journal
- Changes in U.S. Family Finances from 2010 to 2013: Evidence from the Survey of Consumer Finances , , Federal Reserve Bulletin 100(4) , 1-40 , September 2014. Link to Journal Download