Giving to the Department of Economics
It is through the support and generosity of alumni and friends we offer to our Economics students graduate and undergraduate fellowships, scholarships and awards. Through the Department of Economics Gift Fund, we allocate funds for our greatest needs. These efforts include supporting our graduate students and faculty by sponsoring seminars and graduate workshops and supporting graduate student travel to participate in and present at conferences.
A few of our giving opportunities include:
- The Department of Economics Gift Fund, which supports the operation and advancement of the department
- The Dudley and Louisa Dillard Professorship in Economics Fund, which provides annual support for a professor in the Department of Economics.
- The Maryland Center for Economics and Policy Support Fund, which provides general program support for the activities of the Maryland Center for Economics and Policy (MCEP), including staff, faculty and graduate assistant salary support, Center related operating expenses, and Center related conference and travel and research expenses.
- The Neil Moskowitz Professorship Fund, which provides support for a professorship in economics.
- The Peggy Rae and John Sapienza Scholarship Fund, which provides a scholarship to a deserving junior or senior economics undergraduate student within the Department of Economics.
The faculty, staff, students, collaborators and alumni of the Department of Economics appreciate the generosity of donors and friends who support their scholarship and research pursuits. To learn more and to discuss giving priorities and opportunities, please contact the chair, Maureen Cropper, at email@example.com or 301.405.3483
Please contact Deborah Rhebergen, Assistant Dean, External Relations for the College of Behavioral and Social Sciences, at 301.405.7959 or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance with making your gift to the Department of Economics.