John Straub has been a lecturer in our department since the fall of 2011, and has been the Executive Director of our department's professional master's degree program since May of 2014. In addition to his administrative responsibilities, he also teaches two courses per year in the program. In 2013-14 he was the interim director of our department's undergraduate honors program.
Before joining our department, Dr. Straub was a lecturer at Tufts University (2005-2011), and an assistant professor at Texas A&M University (2001-2005).
Degree TypePhDDegree DetailsEconomics, University of Wisconsin-Madison, 2002
Degree TypeMADegree DetailsEconomics, University of Wisconsin-Madison, 1997
Degree TypeBADegree DetailsEconomics, Boston College, 1988
- The Redistributive Effects of British Subsidies to Higher Education, , Social Policy and Society 13(3 ), 337-355, July .
- Competition and Civic Engagement in the Religious Marketplace, , Working Paper, February .
- The Robustness of Kingma’s Crowd-out Estimate: Evidence from New Data on Contributions to Public Radio, , Public Choice 123(3-4 ), 463-476, June .
- Fundraising and Crowd-out of Charitable Contributions: New Evidence from Contributions to Public Radio, , Working Paper, August .
- Worker Perceptions of Job Insecurity in the Mid-1990’s: Evidence from the Survey of Economic Expectations, , The Journal of Human Resources 35(3 ), 447-479