Erkut Y. Ozbay received his PhD in Economics from New York University and is now Associate Professor at the University of Maryland. He is the founder and director of Experimental Economics Laboratory at UMD. His fields of research are experimental economics, behavioral economics and market design.
Areas of Interest
- Behavioral Economics
- Experimental Economics
- Market Design
Degree TypePhDDegree DetailsNew York University
|Course Name||Course Title||Semester||Syllabus|
|ECON406||Advanced Microeconomics||Fall 2017|
|ECON868||Workshop in Industrial Organization||Spring 2017|
|ECON604||Microeconomic Analysis II||Spring 2017|
|ECON635||Experimental Economics||Fall 2016|
|ECON406||Advanced Microeconomics||Fall 2016|
|ECON868||Workshop in Industrial Organization||Spring 2016|
|ECON604||Microeconomic Analysis II||Spring 2016||Syllabus|
|ECON635||Experimental Economics||Fall 2015||Syllabus|
- When more is less: Limited consideration, , Journal of Economic Theory 170, 78-85, July .
- Do Lottery Payments Induce Savings Behavior? Evidence from the Lab, , Journal of Public Economics 126, 1-24, June .
- Does "Being Chosen to Lead" Induce Non-Selfish Behavior? Experimental Evidence on Reciprocity, , Working paper, January .
- Effect of an Audience in Public Goods Provision, , Experimental Economics 17(2 ), 200-214, June .
- Intrinsic and Instrumental Reciprocity: An Experimental Study, , Games and Economic Behavior 87, 100-121, September .
- Dictating Risk - Experimental Evidence on Giving in Risky Environments, , American Economic Review 103(1 ), 415-437, February .
- Belief Formation by Outside Observers, , Experimental Economics 15(1 ), 176-203, March .
- Convergence: An Experimental Study of Teaching and Learning in Repeated Games, , Journal of the European Economic Association 10(3 ), 573-604, June .
- Discrete Clock Auctions: An Experimental Study, , Experimental Economics 15(2 ), 309-322, June .
- Fear of Losing in a Clock Auction, , Review of Economic Design 16(2 ), 119-134, September .
- Rent Seeking with Regretful Agents: Theory and Experiment, , Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization 84(3 ), 866-878, December .
- Revealed Attention, , American Economic Review 102(5 ), 2183-2205, August .
- Common-Value Auctions with Liquidity Needs: An Experimental Test of a Troubled Assets Reverse Auctions, , Handbook of Market Design, ed. by Nir Vulkan, Alvin E. Roth, and Zvika Neeman, May .
- Understanding Overbidding: Using the Neural Circuitry of Reward to Design Economic Auctions, , Science 321(5897 ), 1849-1852, September .
- Auctions with Anticipated Regret: Theory and Experiment, , American Economic Review 97(4 ), 1407-1418, September .
- A Representation for Intransitive Indifference Relations, , Mathematical Social Sciences 50(2 ), 202-214, September .