- Capital Allocation and Productivity in South Europe, , The Quarterly Journal of Economics, June .
- What Hinders Investment in the Aftermath of Financial Crises: Insolvent Firms or Illiquid Banks?, , Review of Economics and Statistics 98(4 ), 756–769, October .
- Capital Allocation and Productivity in South Europe, , NBER Working Paper, July .
- Emergence of Asia: Reforms, Corporate Savings, and Global Imbalances, , IMF Economic Review, December .
- Financial Shocks in Production Chains, , Working paper, January .
- How to Construct Nationally Representative Firm Level Data from the ORBIS Global Database, , NBER working paper 21558, September .
- Sovereign Debt and Financial Crisis, Introduction, , Journal of European Economic Association, November .
- Debt Crisis and Risk Sharing: The Role of Markets versus Sovereigns, , Scandinavian Journal of Economics 116(1 ), 253-276, January .
- Deep Financial Integration and Macroeconomic Volatility, , Journal of European Economic Association 12(6 ), 1558-1585, December .
- Sovereigns, Upstrems Capital Flows, and Global Imbalances, , Journal of European Economic Association 12(5 ), 1240-1284, October .
- Financial Regulation, Financial Globalization and the Synchronization of Economic Activity, , Journal of Finance 68(3 ), 1179-1228, May .
- Global Banks and Crisis Transmission, , Journal of International Economics 89(2 ), 495-510, March .
- HIV and Fertility in Africa: First-Evidence from Population Based Surveys, , Journal of Population Economics 26(3 ), 835-853, July .
- How Big are the Gains from International Financial Integration?, , Journal of Development Economics 103, 90-98, July .
- Quantifying the Productivity Gains from Foreign Investment, , NBER working paper 18920, March .
- AIDS, Reversal of the Demographic Transition and Economic Development: Evidence from Africa, , Journal of Population Economics 25(3 ), 871-897, July .
- Leverage Across Firms, Banks, and Countries, , Journal of International Economics 88(2 ), 284-298, November .
- Risk Sharing Through Capital Gains, , Canadian Journal of Economics 45(2 ), 472-492, May .
- Does Trade Cause Capital to Flow? Evidence from Historical Rainfalls, , NBER working paper 16034, May .
- HIV and Fertility Revisited, , Journal of Development Economics 96(1 ), 61-65, September .
- Does Foreign Direct Investment Promote Economic Growth? Exploring the Effects of Financial Markets on Linkages, , Journal of Development Economics 91(2 ), 242-256, March .
- Mortality Change, the Uncertainty Effect and the Retirement, , Journal of Economic Growth 15(1 ), 65-91, February .
- Mortality Decline, Human Capital Investment and Economic Growth, , Journal of Development Economics 62(1 ), 1-23, June .
- What Lies Beneath the Euro's Effect on Financial Integration? Currency Risk, Legal Harmonization, or Trade?, , Journal of International Economics 81(1 ), 75-88, May .
- Why Does Capital Flow to Rich States?, , The Review of Economics and Statistics 92(4 ), 769-783, November .
- FDI, Productivity and Financial Development, , World Economy 32(1 ), 111-135, January .
- The Uncertain Lifetime and the Timing of Human Capital Investment, , Journal of Population Economics 21(3 ), 557-572, July .
- Why doesn't Capital Flow from Rich to Poor Countries? An Empirical Investigation, , The Review of Economics and Statistics 90(2 ), 347-368, May .
- Financial Integration within EU Countries: The Role of Institutions, Confidence and Trust, , NBER International Seminar on Macroeconomics, 325-391, September .
- FDI and Economic Growth: The Role of Local Financial Markets, , Journal of International Economics 64(1 ), 89-112, October .
- A Stochastic Model of Mortality, Fertility, and Human Capital Investment, , Journal of Development Economics 70(1 ), 103-118, February .
- Risk Sharing and Industrial Specialization: Regional and International Evidence, , American Economic Review 93(3 ), 903-918, June .
- Does Mortality Decline Promote Economic Growth?, , Journal of Economic Growth 7(4 ), 411-439, December .
- Economic Integration, Industrial Specialization, and the Asymmetry of Macroeconomic Fluctuations, , Journal of International Economics 55(1 ), 107-137, October .
- Veronika Penciakova
Sebnem Kalemli-Ozcan is a Neil Moskowitz Professor of Economics. She is a Research Associate at the National Bureau of Economic Research (NBER) and a Research Fellow at the Center for Economic Policy Research (CEPR).
Professor Kalemli-Ozcan has published extensively in the areas of international finance, international development and applied growth theory in journals such as American Economic Review, Quarterly Journal of Economics, Journal of Finance, Review of Economics and Statistics, Journal of International Economics, andJournal of Development Economics. Her work has also appeared in many invited policy outlets and featured in editorials and the media. She is the first Turkish social scientist who has received the Marie Curie IRG prize in 2008 for her research on European Financial Integration.
Her current research focuses on real and financial linkages in the global economy and the implications of such linkages on economic fluctuations and growth.
Areas of Interest
- International Macroeconomics and Finance
- International Development
Degree TypePhDDegree DetailsBrown University, 2000
Degree TypeBSDegree DetailsMiddle East Technical University, 1995