Lecturer; Director of Master's Program
John Straub has been a lecturer in our department since the fall of 2011, and has been the Executive Director of our department's professional master's degree program since May of 2014. In addition to his administrative responsibilities, he also teaches two courses per year in the program. In 2013-14 he was the interim director of our department's undergraduate honors program.
Before joining our department, Dr. Straub was a lecturer at Tufts University (2005-2011), and an assistant professor at Texas A&M University (2001-2005).
- Ph.D. Economics, University of Wisconsin-Madison, 2002
- MA Economics, University of Wisconsin-Madison, 1997
- BA Economics, Boston College, 1988
|Course Name||Course Title||Semester||Syllabus|
|ECON643||Empirical Analysis I: Foundations of Empirical Research||Spring 2017||Syllabus|
|ECON643||Empirical Analysis I: Foundations of Empirical Research||Fall 2016||Syllabus|
|ECON641||Microeconomic Analysis||Spring 2015||Syllabus|
|ECON641||Microeconomic Analysis||Fall 2014||Syllabus|
- The Redistributive Effects of British Subsidies to Higher Education , Elizabeth Mishkin and John Straub , Social Policy and Society 13(3) , 337-355 , July 2014.
- Competition and Civic Engagement in the Religious Marketplace , Lynne Pepall, Dan Richards, John Straub and Michael DeBartolo , Working Paper , February 2006.
- The Robustness of Kingma’s Crowd-out Estimate: Evidence from New Data on Contributions to Public Radio , Sonia Manzoor and John Straub , Public Choice 123(3-4) , 463-476 , June 2005.
- Fundraising and Crowd-out of Charitable Contributions: New Evidence from Contributions to Public Radio , John Straub , Working Paper , August 2004.
- Worker Perceptions of Job Insecurity in the Mid-1990’s: Evidence from the Survey of Economic Expectations , Charles Manski and John Straub , The Journal of Human Resources 35(3) , 447-479
Department of Economics