Erkut Y. Ozbay received his PhD in Economics from New York University and is now Associate Professor at the University of Maryland. He is the founder and director of Experimental Economics Laboratory at UMD. His fields of research are experimental economics, behavioral economics and market design.
- Behavioral Economics
- Experimental Economics
- Market Design
- Ph.D. New York University
|Course Name||Course Title||Semester||Syllabus|
|ECON406||Advanced Microeconomics||Fall 2017|
|ECON868||Workshop in Industrial Organization||Spring 2017|
|ECON604||Microeconomic Analysis II||Spring 2017|
|ECON635||Experimental Economics||Fall 2016|
|ECON406||Advanced Microeconomics||Fall 2016|
|ECON868||Workshop in Industrial Organization||Spring 2016|
|ECON604||Microeconomic Analysis II||Spring 2016||Syllabus|
|ECON635||Experimental Economics||Fall 2015||Syllabus|
- When more is less: Limited consideration , Juan Sebastián Lleras, Yusufcan Masatlioglu, Daisuke Nakajima, Erkut Y. Ozbay , Journal of Economic Theory 170 , 78-85 , July 2017.
- Do Lottery Payments Induce Savings Behavior? Evidence from the Lab , Emel Filiz Ozbay, Jonathan Guryan, Kyle Hyndman, Melissa Kearney, and Erkut Y. Ozbay , Journal of Public Economics 126 , 1-24 , June 2015.
- Does "Being Chosen to Lead" Induce Non-Selfish Behavior? Experimental Evidence on Reciprocity , Allan Drazen and Erkut Ozbay , Working paper , January 2015.
- Intrinsic and Instrumental Reciprocity: An Experimental Study , Luis M. B. Cabral, Erkut Ozbay, and Andrew Schotter , Games and Economic Behavior 87 , 100-121 , September 2014.
- Effect of an Audience in Public Goods Provision , Emel Filiz Ozbay and Erkut Y. Ozbay , Experimental Economics 17(2) , 200-214 , June 2014.
- Dictating Risk - Experimental Evidence on Giving in Risky Environments , J. Michelle Brock, Andreas Lange, and Erkut Ozbay , American Economic Review 103(1) , 415-437 , February 2013.
- Rent Seeking with Regretful Agents: Theory and Experiment , Kyle Hyndman, Erkut Ozbay, and Pacharasut Sujarittanonta , Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization 84(3) , 866-878 , December 2012.
- Fear of Losing in a Clock Auction , Emel Filiz Ozbay, Peter Cramton, Erkut Y. Ozbay, and Pacharasut Sujarittanonta , Review of Economic Design 16(2) , 119-134 , September 2012.
- Revealed Attention , Yusufcan Masatlioglu, Daisuke Nakajima, and Erkut Ozbay , American Economic Review 102(5) , 2183-2205 , August 2012.
- Convergence: An Experimental Study of Teaching and Learning in Repeated Games , Kyle Hyndman, Erkut Ozbay, Andrew Schotter, and Wolf Z. Ehrblatt , Journal of the European Economic Association 10(3) , 573-604 , June 2012.
- Discrete Clock Auctions: An Experimental Study , Emel Filiz Ozbay, Peter Cramton, Erkut Y. Ozbay, and Pacharasut Sujarittanonta , Experimental Economics 15(2) , 309-322 , June 2012.
- Belief Formation by Outside Observers , Kyle Hyndman, Erkut Ozbay, Andrew Schotter, and Wolf Z. Ehrblatt , Experimental Economics 15(1) , 176-203 , March 2012.
- Common-Value Auctions with Liquidity Needs: An Experimental Test of a Troubled Assets Reverse Auctions , Emel Filiz Ozbay, Lawrence M. Ausubel, Peter Cramton, Nathaniel Higgins, Erkut Y. Ozbay, and Andrew Stocking , Handbook of Market Design, ed. by Nir Vulkan, Alvin E. Roth, and Zvika Neeman , May 2011.
- Understanding Overbidding: Using the Neural Circuitry of Reward to Design Economic Auctions , Mauricio R. Delgado, Andrew Schotter, Erkut Ozbay, and Elizabeth A. Phelps , Science 321(5897) , 1849-1852 , September 2008.
- Auctions with Anticipated Regret: Theory and Experiment , Emel Filiz Ozbay and Erkut Y. Ozbay , American Economic Review 97(4) , 1407-1418 , September 2007.
- A Representation for Intransitive Indifference Relations , Emel Filiz Ozbay and Erkut Y. Ozbay , Mathematical Social Sciences 50(2) , 202-214 , September 2005.
Department of Economics