Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics
North Carolina State University
4326 Nelson Hall; 2801 Founders Drive
Raleigh, NC 27695
Areas of Interest:
- Development Economics, Environmental Economics, Economics of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WaSH), Applied Econometrics
- Ph.D. Economics, M.I.T., 2008
- Disgust, Shame and Soapy Water: Tests of Novel Interventions to Promote Safe Water and Hygiene , Raymond Guiteras, David I. Levine; Thomas H. Polley; Stephen P. Luby; Kaniz Khatun-e-Jannat; Leanne Unicomb , Journal of the Association of Environmental and Resource Economists 3(2) , 321-359 , June 2016.
- The Pursuit of Balance in Sequential Randomized Trials , Raymond Guiteras, David I. Levine and Thomas Polley , Development Engineering 1 , 12-25 , June 2016.
- Credit Constraints, Discounting and Investment in Health: Evidence from Micropayments for Clean Water in Dhaka , Raymond P. Guiteras, David I. Levine, Thomas H. Polley, and Brian Quistorff , Working Paper , January 2016.
- Microcredit and Willingness to Pay for Environmental Quality: Evidence from a Randomized-Controlled Trial of Finance for Sanitation in Rural Cambodia , Ariel BenYishay, Andrew Fraker, Raymond Guiteras, Giordano Palloni, Neil Buddy Shah, Stuart Shirrell, Paul Wang , Revision requested, Journal of Environmental Economics and Management , January 2016.
- Does Development Aid Undermine Political Accountability? Leader and Constituent Responses to a Large-Scale Intervention , Raymond Guiteras, A. Mushfiq Mobarak , MPRC Population Working Paper PWP-MPRC-2016-001 , December 2015.
- Eliciting and Utilizing Willingness-to-Pay: Evidence from Field Trials in Northern Ghana , James Berry, Gregory Fischer, Raymond P. Guiteras , MPRC Population Working Paper PWP-MPRC-2015-017 , December 2015.
- Short and Medium Run Health Impacts of Addressing Complementarities and Externalities in Water and Sanitation , Esther Duflo, Michael Greenstone, Raymond P. Guiteras, and Thomas Clasen , NBER Working Paper 21521 , September 2015.
- Encouraging Sanitation Investment in the Developing World: A Cluster-Randomized Trial , Raymond Guiteras, A. Mushfiq Mobarak; James Levinsohn , Science 348(6237) , 903-906 , May 2015.
- Satellites, Self-reports, and Submersion: Exposure to Floods in Bangladesh , Raymond Guiteras, Amir Jina and A. Mushfiq Mobarak , American Economic Review Papers and Proceedings 105(5) , 232-236 , May 2015.